The sports medicine department require a highly skilled, motivated and experienced Physiotherapist/Sports Therapist to work alongside other therapists supporting the professional and academy teams.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with professional rugby players and to be part of a multidisciplinary team. The goal is to return professional rugby players to their pre-injury levels or better.
Ealing Trailfinders is an ambitious, progressive, developing professional full time rugby union club playing in the RFU Championship League.
Competitive dependent upon experience.
London, Ealing and Brunel University, Uxbridge
Fixed Term (Full time)
Start date – between 1st March to 1st June 2020
Fri 17th January 2020
Wb 27th January 2020
- Diagnosis and treatment of Senior Professional and Academy players.
- Design and delivery of individual rehabilitation programmes
- Manage caseload of players.
- Communicate the status of injured players to the performance team.
- Ensure that medical notes are recorded appropriately on the rugby squad or relevant medical systems.
- Provide pitchside trauma cover for the Senior and Academy games as required.
- Provide pitchside cover during training.
- Manage and maintain medical equipment.
- Keep abreast of current best practices, maintain CPD and take an active role in the department/s CPD programme.
- Ensure good working relationships and professional credibility with all key personnel, colleagues and players.
- Perform any other reasonable duties as requested.
- This is a full-time position that will require evening, weekends and bank holiday work.
- BSc degree in Physiotherapy, Sports Therapy or Sports Rehabilitation
- Experience of working as a therapist in professional rugby or elite sport
- PHICIS Level 3 or working towards
- Significant experience in planning and delivering individualised plans for injured athletes to include detailed rehabilitation programmes
Experience working within professional rugby
- Calm under pressure.
- Adequate IT skills.
- Well organised.
- Excellent time management.
- An ability to manage own case load
- Mentor and manage students.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others and take pride in the achievement of team objectives.
- A strong commitment to professional development.
- Shares ideas and information.
How to apply:
Please send a CV and cover letter (no more than 750 words) to Lindsey Cottrell, HR Manager – email@example.com by Friday 17th January 2020
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or disability status.