VACANCY: Personal Development & Transition Manager
We are currently looking to recruit a Personal Development & Transition Manager.
Position: Personal Development & Transition Manager
Location: Ealing Trailfinders – Ealing - London
Fixed Term Contract: Full Time – Fixed Term Contract
- Encouraging the Professional and Academy squads to prepare for life during and post competitive sport career.
- To provide personal, career and transition support for players who are injured, relocating or retiring from full/part-time rugby.
- Provide an integrated, multi-disciplinary approach to manage current distractions and develop education, career and lifestyle planning for present and future.
- Main areas of support to include educational guidance, career & personal development, organising prospective work placements, building effective Corporate relationships and other support networks.
- To develop appropriate key partnerships and target critical relationships that deliver expert personal and career solutions including education, employers, commercial networks and referral bodies.
- Enable the player to develop skills to effectively manage their commitments within sport and non-sport related matters, establishing a balanced approach between their sporting life and life outside of sport.
- Proactively working to develop their skills through workshops, training opportunities and 1 to 1 coaching.
- To accurately report, monitor, evaluate and review player engagement.
- Educated to Degree level or professional equivalence.
- Performance Lifestyle or Talented Athlete support Accredited Practitioner desired, although not essential.
- Experience of the delivery of a personal development support programme for elite level athletes/players at academy and senior level.
- Able to demonstrate a proven record of relationship and partnership building.
- Possess knowledge of and skills in career planning, educational systems & processes and assessment techniques.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbally.
- The ability to present, negotiate and work using non-judgmental & confidential ethics.
- Good I.T. skills, well organised with the ability to work independently and manage their own time.
Closing Date: Friday 15th January
Please send a CV and covering letter of no more than 300 words to be emailed to Sue Chandler, email@example.com
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or disability status.