VACANCY: Head Coach - Trailfinders Rugby Academy Brunel Women’s Team
The Trailfinders Rugby Academy is building an elite women’s performance programme, and are recruiting for a Head Coach.
Ealing Trailfinders is a full time progressive professional rugby club, high in the second tier of the RFU Championship League. The club has a strong vision to continue to develop its reputation as a high performing, exciting, prestigious top team within English Rugby.
The club is committed to discovering and developing promising talent in English rugby and creating an exceptional elite pathway to professional rugby.
The full time Head Coach will take a lead role in ensuring that the player pathways become the best and progressive examples of coach and player development in rugby. Working closely with colleagues, local and national stakeholders and across established partnerships including Brunel University and Henley College.
The role requires a passionate and appropriately skilled and experienced individual to lead the Academy coaching and manage performance staff in producing high calibre first-team players.
Applicants will need to demonstrate the highest standards of coaching, professional, managerial and personal attributes.
- Lead the Trailfinders Rugby Academy women’s performance programme including Saturday teams, BUCS fixtures and the Sevens programme.
- Ensure the delivery of excellent first-class coaching throughout the Academy.
- Manage all the Women’s Academy coaches and Women’s Academy performance staff including Strength and Conditioning, Medical, Performance Analysis, Nutrition and Psychology working closely with the High Performance Manager and Head of Women’s Rugby.
- Ensure the implementation of the appropriate educational/training program for each developing player that suits their individual needs, abilities and aspirations.
- Take an active role in in the decision-making process with player recruitment, progression, retention, partner clubs / schools and the loan of Academy players.
- Manage a strong, mutually beneficial working relationship with Brunel University, partner colleges, schools and clubs.
- Actively participate in networking opportunities, events, open days and other recruitment, scouting and publicity activities as necessary.
- Experience of development and performance coaching
- Experience of managing staff from different disciplines
- Knowledge and understanding of player pathways
- Level 3 Coaching Certificate (or working towards)
- Full UK driving license
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to explain and present information clearly
- Able to both lead and be part of a team
- Reliable and trustworthy
- Strong work ethic
- Experience of working at all levels of the professional game
- Recent and relevant experience of coaching Academy players
Competitive and dependent upon experience
London – Ealing and Brunel University, Uxbridge
Fixed Term (Full time)
Requires day, evening and weekend work and attendance of away games
Wednesday 20th January 2021
Wb Monday 25th January 2021
Please send a CV and covering letter of no more than 400 words to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or disability status.