VACANCY: Athletic Performance Coach, Rehab
Ealing Trailfinders are an ambitious, professional rugby union club located in West London. Currently, the team compete in the RFU Championship and also have a thriving academy set-up out of Brunel University with both Men’s and Women’s pathways.
Currently, the club is looking for a highly competent and ambitious performance coach/S & C coach to lead the rehabilitation performance side of the program for the first team. This person will work collaboratively with the medical, rugby and performance departments.
The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring all injured players return to perform in superior physical condition and are able to fulfil their playing position to the best of their ability.
The position is full-time located at Ealing Trailfinders Sports Club. It will report to the High-Performance Manager.
• Lead and deliver individualised rehab programmes across the continuum of athletic development to include: speed, endurance, strength, power and ultimately integration into the main rugby programme.
• Communicate and collaborate with other departments for optimal integration.
• Display excellent knowledge of the demands of rugby union.
• Assist with the performance department delivery to all players as required.
Person Specific Attributes:
• Growth mindset.
• Works well as part of a team and the wider organisation.
• Committed to driving excellence and willing to contribute.
• Mentor other staff.
Qualifications & Experience Required:
• Undergraduate degree in Rehabilitation/Sport Science/Strength & Conditioning.
• Hold either CSCS or UKSCA qualification or the ability obtain it within 6 months.
• 5 years experience delivering full-time strength & conditioning to elite athletic populations. Ideally with an emphasis on the rehab process.
• Competent in the use of technology such as GPS, Jump Profiling and other diagnostic measures.
• Have led the rehab program at another sporting organisation.
• Possess post-graduate qualifications in Sports Medicine/Rehabilitation/Strength & Conditioning.
• In depth understanding of the physical, technical and tactical demands of each playing position and how this relates to performance metrics such as GPS.
How to Apply:
Please send a CV and covering letter outlining your relevant experience to this role (1 side of A4), in addition, please make it clear what your current remuneration is. Both documents should be in PDF format. Email them to: email@example.com
Closing date: Friday 18th June
Interview date: Tuesday 22nd June (this is non-negotiable)
The position will be offered on a fixed-term contract. The salary will be highly competitive and in line with industry norms.