VACANCY: Athletic Development Volunteer Coach
The Athletic Development Department within the Trailfinders Academy are looking for undergraduate or masters work placement students on either a Strength & Conditioning, Sport Science, Sports Rehabilitation or other science related subject to join our Athletic Development Department for the 2021/22 season.
Job Title: Athletic Development Volunteer Coach.
Hours: To be discussed at Interview.
Duration: June 2021 – May 2022.
Department: Athletic Development
Location: Ealing Trailfinders RFC & Brunel University.
Responsible to: Academy Strength & Conditioning Coach.
The work placement students will be involved with the function of the Athletic Development programme which include, but not restricted to:
- The delivery of Athletic development sessions.
- The delivery of pitch-based sessions.
- The delivery of rehabilitation.
- Performance profiling.
- Databasing & reporting data.
- Nutritional strategies.
- Recovery protocols.
- Promote, maintain and uphold standards within the club.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for candidates who are committed to pursuing or interested in exploring a career in Strength and Conditioning, Sport Science or Rehabilitation. We would require these individuals to have the following skills & qualifications:
Essential Skills for a Career in Athletic Development
- Be able to work effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Be proactive & innovative in their approach.
- Good organisational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Have a strong work ethic.
Currently undertaking an Undergraduate or Master’s Degree in Strength & Conditioning, Sport Science, Sports Rehabilitation or a science related subject.
What do you get in return?
We want you to have the very best volunteering experience with us at Trailfinders Academy. Additionally, you can expect the following should you be successful within your application:
- Valuable applied experience in delivering Strength & Conditioning, Sport Science, Rehabilitation and Nutrition support to Academy players within a professional Rugby Academy.
- Trained in using specialist technology.
- Working with like-minded individuals.
- Learning & Development opportunities.
- Continual Professional Development.
- Free Kit.
How to apply:
To apply please email over a one-page cover letter & CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 5pm on 21st April 2021.