Vacancy: Academy Manager
Ealing Trailfinders are recruiting for an Academy Manager ahead of the 2019/20 season.
Ealing Trailfinders (ETPRM) is a progressive, ambitious professional rugby club, high in the second tier of English Rugby, the Greene King Championship with a strong vision and ambitions to win promotion to the Gallagher Premiership and to further develop its reputation as a high performing, exciting, prestigious top team within English Rugby. The club is developing and expanding continuously on and off the pitch and has clear, comprehensive plans to achieve its goals.
The club is committed to discovering and developing some of the most promising talent in English rugby, and to creating an exceptional pathway to professional rugby. Opportunities are available starting from Under 16s all the way up to the end of University and the Senior Academy. Throughout the process players will have the opportunity to combine education with their rugby, ensuring that they will have qualifications as well as the chance to become a professional rugby player.
The Academy Manager will join an established team of staff and an established programme at Ealing Trailfinders and they will be involved in all aspects of Academy operations, continuing to develop our pathway in order to optimise the identification and development of both players and coaches for Ealing Traifinders. The Academy Manager will work closely with colleagues, with local and national stakeholders and across established partnerships including Brunel University to ensure that the pathway becomes the best connected and progressive example of a coach and player development programme in rugby.
The role requires a passionate and appropriately skilled and experienced individual to lead the Academy towards their aims of producing the maximum high calibre home grown first-team squad and to contribute to the long term success of Ealing Trailfinders. Applicants will need to demonstrate the highest standards of personal, professional and managerial attributes.
Job Title: Academy Manager
Reporting to: Director of Rugby
Pay: Dependent upon experience
Term: Full time fixed term
Start Date: 1st July 2019
End Date: TBC
In collaboration with Director of Rugby, continuously develop and improve an aligned and ambitious, innovative player development vision for ETPRM.
Manage and develop all areas of the academy including but not limited to:
- EPP (Elite Player Programme) 15 – 18 year olds
- Junior Academy (Brunel University playing programme)
- Senior Academy
- Establish and manage programmes to identify playing talent all over the world
- Understand and align relevant coaching methodology with senior coaching groups tactical and technical principles.
- Forge clear and positive relationships with teachers of rugby, coaches and development staff within feeder schools and clubs.
- To develop the IDPs and Annual Playing Programme for each area of the Academy and share/discuss this with the required stakeholders.
- Deliver coaching sessions to all areas as and when required
- Deliver and attend coach development sessions as required
- Organise and deliver recruitment events, watch matches at schools, clubs and CB as required to monitor and identify players.
- Organise school visits including promotion and taster sessions
- Design the academy marketing literature and content, drive press releases and uses social media for maximum impact
- Organise guest speakers as appropriate
- Build relationships with and deliver feedback sessions to parents and players aimed at best supporting and educating them on the development pathway.
- Ensure the highest level of analysis is performed and available regarding all academy scholars and share that information with Coaching and Performance staff.
- Maintain squad discipline on and off the field to the highest standards and to administer the approved disciplinary procedures for the squad.
- Mentor and develop all academy coaching staff and ensure specialist CPD is kept relevant for all other staff members
- Forge positive relationships with National League coaches to establish dual-registration opportunities for Academy Scholars
- Manage, plan and work within agreed budgets
- Qualified to a minimum of RFU level 3 coaching award (preferably RFU level 4 or MSc in a related field)
- Expertise in developing players and the landscape of 15-21 years olds.
- Have a significant level of experience and achievement in the coaching, support and development of pathway athletes.
- Have a track record of effective leadership, mentoring and management in a similar or related environment.
- Proven ability to manage, develop and inspire staff and to lead collaboration with other internal groups.
- A team player and well versed in developing constructive working partnerships with a range of stakeholders.
- Able to demonstrate a strong worth ethic, drive and enthusiasm in a similar role.
- Have excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Be a confident and proficient user of technology
- Understanding of Long Term Athlete development
- Understanding of the quality of player needed to play Premiership and Championship rugby
Please email your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com
Closing date for applications: 9th June
Interviews will take place - week commencing: 10th June & 17th June
Unfortunately only applicants to be invited for interview will be contacted.