VACANCY: Head of Athletic Development - Trailfinders Rugby Academy
As part of the expansion of the academy programme the club are looking for an experienced Strength & Conditioning coach who can lead the provision of athletic development across the whole academy pathway.
This will be primarily for the men’s but will also oversee staff in the women’s pathway also.
Ealing Trailfinders is an ambitious professional rugby club competing in the RFU Championship.
Key aspects of the role:
• Lead & plan the long term athlete development model for all academy athletes.
• Manage a team of strength & conditioning coaches across men’s and women’s programmes.
• Ability to build and sustain key relationships and influence across the coaching/medical/support
• Form relationships with key stakeholder partners including schools and colleges.
• Plan & deliver strength/power, speed & conditioning sessions.
• Have a thorough understanding of the game demands and an ability to design drills to match
• Liaise with medical department on best practice return to play models.
• Ensure all athletes graduating the academy to the first team are full prepared physically and
mentally for the demands of senior rugby.
• Provide regular reports to the High Performance Manager and Academy Head Coach.
• Undergraduate & Postgraduate qualifications in Sport & Exercise Science/Strength &
Conditioning or related field.
• USKCA accreditation or ability to obtain it within 6 months. NSCA accreditation is also
• Current up to date first aid certificate.
• 5 years experience in delivering strength & conditioning programmes to elite athletes. Preferably
with junior athletes (16-21yrs old).
• 3 years direct experience of line managing other staff. This should include conducting
appraisals and conducting departmental meetings.
• Evidence of designing and presenting LTAD models to key stakeholders.
• Ability to inspire confidence and motivate.
• Evidence of successful collaborative working as part of a team and across teams.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Who this position will suit:
An experienced coach who relishes leading the athletic development pathway in elite rugby union players. The successful candidate will have a proven track record of delivering outstanding programmes to elite athletes. They will relish leading and mentoring other staff and enjoy working with other departments to achieve shared objectives.
The role will report to the Academy Head Coach & High Performance Manager. If you would like to apply for the role please email a CV and covering letter of no more than one page to the below address. All documents should be in PDF format.
Closing date: Friday 5th February
Interview date: Week commencing 8th February
Start date: T.B.C
Contract/Salary: Fixed term contract and competitive salary in line with industry norms.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.