Ealing Trailfinders are recruiting for a performance analyst to join their professional set-up.
The job is an exciting opportunity to join a full time professional club currently ranked as one of the top 24 clubs in England. The Performance Analyst role is an integral and vital part of our team, working at our high-class training facilities at the Trailfinders Sports Club, Ealing, West London.
This is a great opportunity for an analyst wishing to develop within performance analysis. The role will involve leading the performance analysis provision for Ealing Trailfinders full time professional first team. The role may suit an enthusiastic, progressive junior analyst looking to work in a senior role within a busy, exciting professional environment.
Duties will include:
• Coding of all first team games both home and away
• Providing post-match analysis in the form of video and a statistical report
• Preparing the coaching team for the upcoming games by presenting video and analysis of the opposition
• Filming and coding training sessions
• Performing longitudinal studies of team performances
• Direct involvement in the evaluation of prospective recruitment targets from an analytical perspective
• Working in collaboration with other performance staff in centralising all performance data and creating daily reports (such as heart rate & GPS data)
A minimum of 1-year experience working within a professional club, ideally a rugby club
A Sports Science degree (2:1 and above) or a relevant subject
Experience using Performance Analysis software, primarily Sportscode, as well as presentation (PowerPoint) and video editing software.
Strong IT & excel skills
Good organisational skills
Attention to detail
The ability to communicate effectively
A good knowledge of rugby with a basic understanding of its tactics
Ability to work as part of a team as well as on own initiative
Proactive & focused approach to work
If you believe you meet the criteria for this role as well as having the vision and commitment to work within a high performance team, then please send you cover letter and CV with “Performance Analyst” in the subject bar to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to the number of expected applicants, we will unfortunately only contact those shortlisted for the role.
Salary: To be negotiated
Closing date: 28th March
Interviews: Week commencing 4th April
Starting date: 1st June 2016